Areas USA is looking for a Manager, Brands & Concept Development are to assist the Director, Brands & Concept Development lead, develop and manage the brand relationships, while supporting in propriety concept development.
This position will be responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for strategic business growth with our current and future brands.
Why join Areas USA? When you join Areas USA, you’ll join an organization that values you and the acquired skills that you bring from the travel & hospitality, retail and/or food and beverage industries. If you are driven by growth and thrive on enhancing current and new relationships, then this is the role for you. We value and support our team members with development, career opportunity and a flexible environment. We offer great opportunities for growth, enriched benefits, competitive compensation package and generous time off.
What you’ll do:
You will identify: Build solid and effective relationships with our current and prospective brand partners, as well as our internal team. Research, identify and monitor food, beverage, retail, and technology trends, compiling and reporting analytic data to share with the internal team. Use a data-centric approach to lead team in research to determine the most attractive and iconic food, beverage, and retail brands within local markets.
You will maintain: In this role you will maintain the Brand portfolio, monitoring current license agreements, alerting the Director of Brands & Concept Development of license agreements that are nearing expiration and facilitating conversations with brands to discuss extensions. Work closely with the Legal team to obtain LOIs, LOAs and contract extensions for RFPs and current business needs.
You will develop: Support the Director of Brands & Concept Development in formulating standard/routine proposals in conjunction with team members and various functional groups. Assist in proprietary concept development, from initial discovery work to brand creation.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Experience in managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with teammates.
- Strong charisma and ability to speak in front of groups.
- Travel up to 25%.
Other Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Analytics or Hospitality.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Development preferred.