The Birmingham Airport Authority is seeking a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager reports to and assists the Vice President, Properties & Business Development in positioning the Authority for competitive advantage and success. The incumbent will seek out new real estate and aeronautical and nonaeronautical business development opportunities, including terminal concessions, rental car advertising and general aviation services. Develops and implements marketing plans designed to identify and capture new business opportunities that will maximize the utilization and revenue for the Authority. Effective communication skills are critical to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders while also having the knowledge of following and promoting local, federal, and airport industry and Authority guidelines.
The ideal candidate is an ethical, self-motivated, team player and problem-solver who is adaptable and has a passion for BHM and the aviation industry, with a strong knowledge in business management and economic analysis.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field providing a strong foundation for successful performance of the duties in this job description, or
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training totaling four (4) years.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic business development that includes substantive work in the range of duties directly related to the responsibilities in this job description.
- Aviation business development experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management, or a related field is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $94,895 with an attractive benefits package.
Filing Deadline: May 8, 2022