The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, have a high performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovations…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
We are searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated communication and skills as a Database Administrator. The selected individual installs, optimizes and administers databases to ensure high availability and disaster recovery, and:
1. Interfaces with customers and analyzes business need requirements; identifies and analyzes ambiguous and/or conflicting development issues; develops and refines business process and entity relationship diagrams;
2. Consults with stakeholders on database functionalities and technology issues and alternatives; recommends work process and/or operating changes to complement database functionalities; promotes sharing and utilization of common data across databases, platforms and organization.
3. Designs, upgrades, integrates, connects, tunes, normalizes and manages database environments and structures to optimize database performance and backups; restores databases and resolves production and operational problem, memory and disk usage and available database resources; stores triggers and referential integrity for data validity and functionality;
4. Controls and implements database user accounts, security, permissions, privileges, standards and guidelines; develops, installs and configures application software over databases; resolves synchronization issues between databases, operating systems, applications and clients; serves as the technical resource to applications development teams and clients;
5. Tests, sets up servers and recommends potential database purchase; leads designs database, warehouse, metadata, repository creation information architecture, modeling, standards and procedures; develops forms, scripts and reports;
6. Shapes perspectives and makes presentations; contributes to discussions on design, formulation and communication of goals and objectives; resolves issues and challenges; participates in process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices and resources.
7. Contributes to the coordination of learning and continuing professional development opportunities for self, team members and stakeholders; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; supports other Information Technology team members; performs related support and other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
1. Graduation from a college or university with a major in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field.
2. Five years of experience in the design, development and administration of complex relational databases and database applications.
3. Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
1. Demonstrated experience with database architecture, systems analysis, business processes, systems development life cycle, data modeling and flow, data structure analysis, data access, storage management and recovery techniques.
2. Strong practical database queries, theories, design, MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle databases on Windows platforms.
3. Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills and the capacity to interpret business requirements to fit audience’s comprehension including presentation of information to one-on-one and groups.
4. Strong analytical skills and develop cost effective proposals, specifications, solutions and framework consistent with industry technological trends.
5. Excellent time, project and change management skills with aptitude to self-direct, complete work assignments, drive projects and programs independently.
6. Proficient experience developing clear and concise documentation, reports and other written materials.
7. Demonstrated attention to detail, particularly when accurately recording information and reviewing documents for clarity and accuracy.
8. Effective analytical and decision making ability with balanced customer focus/people skills.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Depending on experience, hiring reward is up to $98,000.
To apply, please click here: http://www.san.org/Careers