ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Aviation Department is seeking a results-oriented professional to serve as the Aviation Business and Properties Special Projects Administrator in the Business and Properties (B&P) Division at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. This position reports to the Deputy Aviation Director – Business and Properties and will be responsible for the profit and loss of the parking services and rental car center business lines within the Business and Properties Division. This position will provide both the leadership and management direction necessary to achieve business line goals and objectives in support of the department’s business and strategic plans and manages resources and cross-functional personnel, primarily through subordinate managers/supervisors. The position will assume the duties of the Deputy Director in the Deputy Director’s absence.
The ideal candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage relationships with all Operators, Airlines, Concessionaires, tenants, business partners, local government officials, the community, and other stakeholders.
Some of the major responsibilities of the position include:
- Planning, directing, managing, and overseeing all activities related to the rental car center.
- Management of airport parking, developing plans for increasing commercial activities/revenue at the airport.
- Preparing reports to the Phoenix Aviation Advisory Board and the Phoenix City Council.
First review of applicants will occur the week of July 14, 2019. Recruitment closes July 29, 2019. All materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
Up to $116,064 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,360/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
- A minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in public administration and research or construction management
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or public administration, finance, aviation, or related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All positions in the Aviation Department require individuals to pass a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check prior to hire.
- The following list is not all inclusive but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
To learn more about this position and to apply, please click here.