Westfield brought together thought leaders and innovators in the airport industry Nov. 12 at its Westfield Labs in San Francisco for the first American Association of Airport Executives Innovation Forum.
“We’re excited to partner with AAAE to host an engaging, thought-provoking discussion about the convergence of the physical and digital worlds at airports,” says Dominic Lowe, executive vice president of Westfield. “Integrating digital solutions is a key component for increasing customer satisfaction and growing non-aeronautical revenue that enables airports and airlines to invest more in operations and infrastructure.”
Westfield Labs showcased a number of its technologies, including:
- Dine on Time, which allows travelers to order food and schedule pick-up or delivery;
- Express Parking, which lets pre-registered customers check parking space availability and book and pay for a spot in advance;
- Product Search, which is a centralized online retailer inventory that helps passengers find what they want to buy either in stores or online;
- Virtual Concierge, which is a roaming digital platform that helps connect travelers with remote customer service representatives who are multilingual; and
- Wayfinding Digital Directory, which includes stations that guide passengers through the airport with turn-by-turn directions on their phones.
“By encouraging airports and innovators to collaborate and work together, we’ll find more effective solutions to enhance the customer experience,” says Todd Hauptli, president and CEO of AAAE. “By applying a holistic approach like Westfield’s, we can provide more opportunities for airports, airlines and, ultimately, the travelers themselves.”